5/21/10

Rainy Season - Day 4

In the night,
I would love you.
If the circumstances
were different.
In the night
I would love you
with my eyes closed
and my hands open,
searching out
something warm
that isn’t
my self.
And when
I found it
in the night
I would hold it
in place
under the weight
of my lips.
Maybe
in the morning
I might let up
and see the thing
that I have found
for what
it really is.
But morning
is too far
And may never
Really come.
So for now,
in the night
I’ll hold it
steady.
Steady
As a rhythm.
As a beat.
Steady
As a groove.
Steady!
Don’t move!
Or you’ll risk
waking her up.
In the night
I wake up every
thirty minutes.
Steady.
Outside
You’re coming down
The same way
You have been
For the past
four nights.
You’re not heavy,
But you’re steady.
Steady.
I stretch out over
cold sheets
And try not
to think of how
your beating
On the rooftop
And the windows
Makes the room
Sound so empty.
Sound so hollow.
Sounds, so steady
In the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter