6/1/09

3num3r4t3d

Two hands.
One for making,
One for breaking.
But neither works without the other.
Two arms, best used for folding.
Together.
One ear for speaking into
like a cavern of secrets.
Another for whispering sweetly
sweet nothings.
Two lips for kissing.
A mouth for saying all manner of things
and a nose that wiggles
and gives a softer edge
to the harsher things said.
Two eyes that sparkle, shine, glow,
--smolder, burn, soften, ease, wander, but always return
--laugh, mock, encourage, encourage, encourage.
Two eyebrows which guard the eyes
like gates of horn and ivory
and make liars or omens of their expressions
whenever they work together,
and even when they do not.
Forty -eight moles on the face, neck, and scalp
of dubious purpose,
but they do look cute.
Four hundred, eighty two thousand, three hundred and ninety two hairs on the head,
by my last count.
A perfect amount for getting lost in.
And of the times I've thought
--'She is all I've wanted."
And of the times I've thought
--"She is all I need."
And of the times I've thought...
And of the times, I've thought...
And of the times...
I've lost count.

0 comments:

Site Meter