4/6/10

Summoning Charm

Your particular brand of bad habit.
The light that you left behind.
The breath that made the voice you loved
only, in reverse.
And butter for the skin
spiced with hazel and amber

And lo, I've summoned the smell of you.
In my alembic, I've made the taste of you.
Under moonlight, I've called forth a ghost
to sit at my mind's rear door.
Just sitting. Still smoking. Already thinking
of things you'll never tell me.

Perhaps you were thinking then
of how best to leave me now?
Perhaps you've decided its best
just to fade away?
Like smoke in the air.
Like tastes left exposed.
Like ghosts.
Like...you.


1 comments:

Meghann F. Young said...

You have an unusually strange yet sophisticated mind. I like.

Why do I feel the way you've just expressed in this today?

Post a Comment

Site Meter